So here we are on December 23rd. The eve of Christmas Eve and the excitement of Christmas is at a fever pitch. The presents are wrapped, the stockings hung, the tree(s) decorated, stomachs full of tasty treats, carols sung, advent wreaths lit, and anticipation hangs in the air. Our boys are to the point of barely containing themselves and I find myself yearning for the moment just as much as they do.
You know, the moment when the present is in hand, you can feel the weight and shape of this hidden delight. The sound of the paper ripping, the first peek at the gift so thoughtfully given to you. The smile that slowly stretches each corner of the mouth and ends at the twinkling eyes, and the moment when the giver of the gift is as excited as the one receiving it. The moment that joy permeates your heart and the adage "it is better to give than receive" becomes true.
Yeah, I am talking about opening gifts and I am also talking about unwrapping THE GIFT. How often through this past year have I unwrapped THE GIFT with as much anticipation as I will open that package under my tree?? Have I even yet unwrapped THE GIFT far enough to see what is truly inside or have I just been content with the glimpse of what I think it is? I pray this coming year that I will have the courage to delve deeper into unwrapping THE GIFT-- knowing, loving, serving, and walking humbly with HIM-- the ultimate gift ever given to me!
Merry Christmas! Emmanuel- God is with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment